21 and Fabulous

15:22

Well, theres no getting away from it now... I turned 21 on Friday, meaning that I'm officially old. So before I slowly decline into adulthood (I purchased my first pair of reading glasses, so presumably the grey hair and wrinkles will be following shortly) I decided to celebrate fabulously...
I wanted to do something I'd never done before, so when a friend suggested we go for a burlesque lesson it was an instant yes! We booked with the London Pole Dancing Academy, and our class was held at the London Dance Academy's Old Street studios. It didn't start well, I'll admit; we were late, got lost, and caught in a rain shower, but it soon turned into one of the most fun afternoons I've ever had. We learnt some basic moves, and a routine which we preformed for each other at the end. The teacher was so lovely, and put everyone at ease, even those that weren't as confident, or had all the grace of a sweet potato... (me, we all know I mean me), and everyone left feeling wonderful, sexy and positive about themselves. The teacher was even nice enough to stay late to make up for the lost time, which was lovely and meant we didn't feel rushed or pushed out.
The class was £20 each for an hour, and we had such a great time that it was definitely worth it, and I can't wait to go and try some of the other classes they have on offer.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate