Love Me Beauty

14:20

Firstly, apologies for such a long gap in posts, I've been taking a break to concentrate on my studies as deadlines are looming (I haven't started stress crying yet though, so that's a positive), but when I recieved my "Love Me Beauty" package in the post, I was too excited not to share...
Love Me Beauty is an online beauty box; you input your features (hair colour, skin type, complexion etc) and it gives you a list of recommendations. It also recommends items based on previous purchases - so the more you use it, the more you get from it. The website works by giving you 60 credits each month. You can also purchase extra add on credits.

It was actually my boyfriend who showed me LMB; He'd seen a link on Save the Student and thought it would be something I'd like. I'm not sure if the deal is still available, but I paid £14 for a three month subscription and an extra £5 for postage. 

I had loads of fun on the website choosing what I wanted, but I felt the choice was a bit limiting, as was the 60 credits, due to most things being worth 10/20/30 credits. In the end I chose Lanolips lip ointment in Rhubarb, Cailyn Geluxe Eyebrow in Hazelnut, Percy and Reed dry shampoo and Monu hydrating mask.  

Postage was super quick, and it arrived in a couple of days. It was also well packaged in a tough bubblewrap envelope, so everything was in perfect condition when I opened it. Inside this, the products were in a cute drawstring bag, which adds quality (it's also seriously useful for storage). Everything has a feel of quality, and I would definitely purchase the Cailyn Geluxe and Monu mask again.

 The Percy and Reed dry shampoo feels light, it doesn't weigh my hair down, and is ideal handbag size so can be topped up throughout the day. My only complaint is that it smells a bit chemically, sort of like the cans of coloured hairspray everyone sprayed on their hair in primary school, and by the end of the day my hair feels slightly lank (although not oily or dirty, so it might be my hair condition).
The Monu facemask has to be my favourite out of the bunch. It feels rich and soaks into the skin without feeling too greasy (don't forget to wash it off though!) and my skin felt so soft after one use. At first I was wary of the small sample size, but once I opened it I was fully converted. It's so thick that a little bit goes a long way, and my winter chapped skin is loving it.
 While I'm absolutely in love with the packaging, which feels incredibly good quality, and looks so classy in my makeup bag, I also love the product. It goes on quite smoothly, and the colour is a reasonably good match for my skin tone (and doesn't make my eyebrows look ginger which some pencils and powders have a tendency to do). I struggled to begin with, having never used a gel product before, but its so easy to use I soon got used to it. I personally would get a slightly better quality angled brush to use with it, but it's great overall.
                    A pretty natural pink, a thick non greasy formula, and spf15, is a winner from me. My lips chap so easily during the winter, meaning lipstick is saved for warmer days, making this a good inbetween -  a step up  from lip balm and while I probably wouldn't use it for a night out, it's lovely for daytime use and natural looks. 


Good quality packaging, good quality products, what's not to love?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate