Who says Vanilla is boring?

14:41

I am currently in love with Barry M nail varnishes; I love the range of colours, an endlessly diverse array of finishes, and at £3.99 for 10ml they are scrumptiously purse friendly too. 
I picked up the "Vanilla" and "Mocha" on Saturday, both from Boots. I must admit I was tempted by the names firstly, and secondly by the fact that I've been on the hunt for a good nude colour for ages... 



Vanilla | Mocha - Barry M
These two are rather fabulous. The colour is subtle enough for everyday wear, Vanilla drying to a soft stone colour, and Mocha dries to be a much darker nude, quite chocolatey - It does what it says on the bottle. It's the matte finish that sets the varnish apart, and draws attention. It's also feels a bit more grown up than the usual overly sparkly offerings at Christmas time. 

Vanilla - Barry M
It goes on smoothly, and is quick drying which is great for me, as usually I've smudged before I've finished the hand! The formula is thick as well, which means it only needs one or two thin coats. It doesn't appear to be too gloopy either, which helps when applying for a flawless finish (imperative for matte as any smudges are really noticeable).

Overall, I'm a massive fan, both of the colour and the finish, and will definitely be asking Father Christmas for a few more colours from the range.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate