Goodbye Summer

13:49

This summer has been a funny one; I've been working full-time as a receptionist, as well as working as a waitress in a local pub, trying to save up for university. I've been to see friends in Cardiff, been on holiday to Cornwall, and had day trips out here and there. It's absolutely flown by... It felt like the longest summer until it was suddenly over - I woke up on September 1st and it was instantly autumn. The sun was low in the sky, frost was on the ground and the nights are certainly drawing in.




I've had a wonderful summer, but I have to admit that autumn is my favourite time of the year; I love donning a massive scarf and going on crisp sunny walks, bonfire night, snuggling up with a hot chocolate, and of course my beloved leather jacket appears to see me through the winter.

 Making the most of my final week of summer, Thomas and I took our dogs for a walk in Delamere forest. It's one of my best-loved places, with its winding paths and beautiful scenery (a walk up Old Pale guarantees spectacular views over Cheshire and the surrounding counties), and there is so much to do; there are some lovely cafes, cycling, orienteering, bridle paths - No matter the sort of person you are, you can find something to do here. At this time of the year its beautiful as the leaves turn golden, and begin to fall. 

Meg and Lucy wanting to join in on the action 



With a chill in the air, I teamed my leather jacket with my burgundy scarf, which is massive and snugly, and provides a much needed pop of colour over a grey t-shirt and black high-waisted skinny jeans. My booties were a wonderful find in a H&M sale last Christmas; unusual with suede back and buckle detail, but sturdy and warm, and showing very little wear after enduring a year of constant use, not bad considering they cost £7.

So summer is over, and I'm about to move to London for a fresh start and a new degree course. Here's to the future and a wonderment over what next summer will bring...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate