My Goals For 2016

02:54

It's amazing how much can change in a year... At the start of 2015 I was a university drop out, I spent my time either at my part time waitress job or in bed, and my mental health was in tatters. I never went out, and barely saw anyone which further added to how down I was feeling; I was lonely, sad and frustrated. I cried a lot. I was horrid to be around. I couldn't see how worried people were, and pushed them away, convinced I could deal with it myself.  Looking back it was truly the darkest period of my life.



It may have been an awful year, but it also brought about some amazing changes; it's the year that I went back to university, doing a course I love in a city I love. It's the year I made some amazing new friends and reconnected with some old ones. Its the year that I became an aunt. It's also the year that I pushed myself, finally making some positive and healthy changes in my life. And that's the way that I want to continue into 2016. My goals for the next year are positive and helpful changes, and I'm a negative free zone

- eat healthier and exercise more
I know it's the one everyone makes after an over indulgent December, but it's so important to me. I definitely feel the difference if I don't eat well and exercise. It's also become a bit of a coping mechanism for me; if I'm stressed or down I feel so much better after going to the gym or for a run. Be prepared for lots of posts about avocados!
- keep a better schedule
 I love lists, routines, meal plans. I own a planner and a diary. And I still get stressed out because I ignore them all, forget where I'm up to and nap instead, so some improvements in this area are needed.
- step out of my comfort zone
Something that I always aim to do, and never quite manage... I'm going to say yes to more things, even if I don't think they sound fun, I'm going to do more by myself, I'm going to go travelling, and try and do one absolutely outrageous thing this year, I've spent the last year living in a bubble and I'm ready to pop it
- do more for me 
Dying my hair, getting piercings, things I've not done before because of other people's opinions. This is the year I do me for me.
And of course to blog more...


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. GOOD LUCK with your goals missy, It's going to a very exciting year for you I'm sure :D

    ReplyDelete

Translate