Beauty Junkie // You Scrub Up Well

02:18

I first picked these up about a month ago, in the slightly smaller Urban Outfitters on Oxford Street. I thought they'd make a good alternative to cotton wool pads for removing makeup but I have to say that I've been really disappointed by them.



The first time I used them, I followed the instructions on the back of the pack to remove my makeup. I wouldn't say they actually removed any, rather just moved it around my face until I looked very greasy and patchy (not a good look!), so I had to use a makeup wipe anyway.

I decided to give them a second chance, and tried again. This time I took the majority of my makeup off first with a wipe, before using the pads to remove my cleanser. Again, disappointing. While the little bristles did feel nice on my skin, I don't feel particularly exfoliated, nor did they remove my cleanser sufficiently. I had to go over it again with a cotton pad: visually I could see the cotton pad had removed more dirt/makeup than the silicone pad.

While it's quite good that they are reusable, easy to clean, and latex free, next time I would probably save the £5 and buy a large hot chocolate instead.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate